Axies, just like real-life pets, can be bred to create even more Axies. When breeding Axies, the offspring has the chance of inheriting parts and traits from either parent.
Each time you breed an Axie, it will cost you 0.5 AXS tokens, in addition to a varying amount of SLP [Smooth Love Potion] that is dependent on how many times your Axies have already been bred. Please bear in mind that Axies can only be bred a maximum of 7 times. The following table shows the SLP cost per parent at each breed count.
|Breed Count||Breed Number||SLP Cost per Parent|
AXS and Smooth Love Potions can be earned from playing the game. You can also use Katana to swap/exchange other tokens for AXS and SLP on the Ronin network.
How to Breed Axies
- On one of the Axies that you will be breeding, click the Breed button.
- On the next screen, select your second Axie for the breeding pair.
- You will then see the SLP and AXS amounts needed to breed the Axies. If you have enough, you’ll be able to press the Let’s Breed button.
- You will then get a confirmation screen from the Ronin wallet. Click Confirm to sign the transaction.
- You will receive a confirmation screen after a few seconds, and an egg will then be delivered to your inventory. All newly created Axies will have an incubation period of 5 days. Once these 5 days have passed, you will be able to morph your egg and welcome your new Axie home.
Each Axie has 6 body parts, a body shape, and will belong to 1 of 9 different classes. The classes are listed as follows:
All Axies have a genetic makeup consisting of dominant and recessive genes. These genes are expressed as Dominant [D], Recessive [R1], and Minor Recessive [R2].
The Dominant gene is what determines the Axie's appearance. When breeding, each gene has a percentage chance of being passed down to the offspring. The following are the chances for each parent's gene to be passed down: