In order to buy RON, users must go to the official Ronin decentralized exchange, Katana to swap tokens for RON.
Currently, the only available tokens for swap are WETH, RON, AXS, SLP, and USDC.
Note that RON is also available for purchase with The Ramp Network: https://purchase.roninchain.com/
How to swap tokens to RON in Katana?
1. Unlock and Connect Ronin wallet
Make sure the correct Ronin wallet is unlocked before proceeding with Connect to Ronin Wallet.
You will need to agree to the Terms of Service.
2. Choose the tokens to be swapped from (In this example, user is trying to swap WETH)
3. Select RON as the token to be swapped to
4. Enter the amount of either: (a) the tokens you want to swap or (b) the amount of desired RON.
Note: If it is the first time you are going to swap a certain token, you will be prompted to authorize the use of the tokens in your wallet you intend to swap. This means the swap wont be executed, you just authorized Katana to use the tokens you want to swap.
This process is often confused with the swap itself. In order to check, we recommend you check your wallet in the Block Explorer. You should see a transaction like this.
5. Click "Swap"
6. You will be asked to confirm the swap transaction. You will see the current price and other information about the swap. If you take time to confirm the amount to swap, due to the volatility of crypto prices may change and you will have to press "Confirm" for the updated price before you can click "Confirm Swap".
7. You will need to confirm the transaction in your Ronin wallet.
8. This screen should appear after you have confirmed the transaction.
Note: It could take a while for the token to appear in your wallet.
9. Your RON tokens should now be in your wallet.