Keeping Your Account Safe
Never give out the secret recovery phrase (what we use to call the seed phrase). The secret recovery phrase is the 12 English words given to you by Ronin when you create your wallet.
Use the 3-2-1 backup method for storing your seed phrase, this can be done as easy as writing your seed phrase 3 times in 3 pieces of paper. When you are in the page where your secret recovery phrase is shown for the first time, make sure you do not close this page until you have correctly made multiple secure backups of it. You can apply the method suggested as follows:
- Write each paper copying what you see on the screen, which makes each piece of paper independent of each other. Do not close this screen by any means until you have completed the process. If this happens is safer to start all over again, creating a new wallet.
- Check if your 3 annotations are equal to each other. If so, save two of them in a place you consider safe from humidity, heat, etc. You can close the page now.
- Keep the third one with you, and then save it in another place that is not where the other 2 are stored. Keep in mind that whoever finds the seed phrase can operate your funds as it if was you, so place it in a very secret place. If you consider this to be a risk, you can skip this step.
Remembering that whoever finds the seed phrase can operate your funds as if it was you, so never send it to anyone and never enter it on any website.
If someone asks you for your secret recovery phrase, they are a scammer. Axie will never ask you for your secret recovery phrase OR your Ronin password. We never need them.
If you want the maximum security over your assets, you should consider to acquire
Trezor hardware wallet or Ledger hardware wallet
A hardware wallet, is the only way to have 2FA in your wallet transactions.
Your Ronin Password Does Not Prevent Access to Your Account
Access to your Ronin wallet is protected by keeping your secret recovery phrase (seed phrase) secure. An attacker only needs the secret recovery phrase to gift your Axies or withdraw funds from your wallet. You must keep it safe, never give it to anyone and never enter it on any website.
Once a secret recovery phrase is compromised, it is always compromised! Changing your Ronin password will not secure the wallet. If the secret recovery phrase is compromised, please make a new Ronin wallet and move your assets to it as soon as possible.
There are a number of very convincing scams, never give your seed phrase to anyone and never enter it into any site.
Below is a list of common scams
- Fake Ronin wallet: These websites let you generate a secret recovery phrase (seed phrase), but they also share it with the scammer. The scammer watches your wallet and then steals your assets.
- Fake Ronin wallet app: These fake apps are published on mobile stores.
- To avoid this scam, only install the official Ronin wallet by Sky Mavis Pte. Ltd. on Google Play Store and Apple Appstore. Our official wallet is the one available at: https://wallet.roninchain.com/
- Fake giveaway or award sites: These sites claim you have won a mystic axie, SLP, AXS, or other highly valued items. When connecting your wallet the scam site will ask for you to approve transfers of funds. The scammers then send away your assets.
- To avoid this scam, never visit any fake giveaway or award sites. Any giveaways will be announced on official Axie Infinity social media channels.
- Fake Twitch streams: These twitch channels will replay an old Axie Infinity stream. The scammers will have bots connect to make it seem like people are chatting. They then announce a giveaway, which leads to the above bullet point.
- To avoid this scam, always confirm you are on the official Axie Infinity Twitch Channel.
- Fake Support Agents in Discord: Scammers will join the Discord and act as support agents. They will ask you to visit a site that requests your seed phrase. The site will send the attacker your secret recovery phrase (seed phrase).
- To avoid this scam, never enter your secret recovery phrase into any website or share it with anyone. If someone sends you a message claiming to be axie support, it is a scam.