As Homeland grows and evolves as a game, this article will serve as a guide to new land owners who are starting their journey in Lunacia.
This article will be updated regularly to account for new changes in the gameplay mechanics of Homeland.
User interface in the main game screen has the following elements:
The command wheel will be displayed upon clicking any structure; it will present the following options:
1. Structure name 4. Upgrade structure
2. Move structure 5. Information about the structure
3. Destroy structure/Cancel construction 6. Function button (available in functional structures)
These are the hotkeys that serve the most common useful tools to navigate Homeland:
Expandable buttons list
On the bottom right side of the screen, players can find an array of buttons that can be expanded to show the following options:
- Players can build, upgrade, modify and destroy buildings.
- The Altar of Atia & Post Portal structures cannot be destroyed under any circumstance.
- In order to build or upgrade a structure, players must have enough materials, currency and the blueprint required.
- Reconstruction mode is an advanced mode for modifying structure placement.
- Axie Workers are used for most activities in-game (build, upgrade, gathering, trading, etc).
- More Axie Workers will be unlocked with higher levels of Altar of Atia & Housing structure.
- NFT axies cannot be used in-game, but more utility will be added in the future.
- Task Management allows players to view and manage all the current and pending tasks on the land plot.
- You can cancel individual tasks, or cancel all ongoing and pending task, through the Task Management window.
- The Task Management window can be opened by clicking "T" on the keyboard or pressing the Task Management button.
- Players can collect materials from trees and quarries on their land plots.
- Players can collect materials from various material deposits in the world, including materials from the land plots of other players, as well as public resource nodes.
Note: The further the distance of the material deposits & public resource node, the longer it will take for your axies to gather these materials.
- Public resource nodes are indicated as pink squares on the world map.
- Players will need idle/available axies to collect resources.
- Resource deposits have a limit of how much material can be gathered before they are depleted, but will respawn over time.
- Producing is a system that processes resources into other types of resources.
- The resources being produced depends on the structure and blueprint that was used to produce the item.
- Players can combine various resources to create new items that can be used for decorative or economic purposes.
- Blueprints are needed for a crafting order and more blueprints will be unlocked with higher Altar levels.
- Some items have a tier. Common < Uncommon < Rare < Epic < Legendary < Mythical.
Selling and Buying
- Players can list items for sale and buy necessary items in the Auction House.
- When a player initiates a transaction, a transportation device will bring the requested resources in the form of an order from the plot in which it was purchased from.
Adventurer and Passive Adventure
- Adventurer Trading & Passive Adventure will be unlocked once you have built the Consumer's Corner & Survivor's Shop.
- You will get Adventurers randomly after a period of time.
- You are able to sell items and equipment to Adventurers and send them on a passive adventure.
- The combat will be carried out automatically without needing the player’s input.
- The better the progress (higher floor level), the more points you can earn.
- Leaderboard earns points from Passive Adventure.
- Starting in Alpha Season 1, you will be able to form a party of up to 3 adventurers! We’ve also reworked a few mechanics like the overall speed of level-up gains, boss difficulty, and energy restoration. This means that gameplay will be fast-paced and new dynamics may emerge.
Adventurer Primary stats
Adventurer performance will depend on 5 main stats:
Please note that:
- With higher leveled Adventurers, primary stats will increase.
- Primary stats are affected by the Adventurer's level and quality, as well as equipment and buff/debuff.
- These primary stats will affect base secondary stats.
The secondary stats are as follows:
SpyX and Ragoons
SpyX is a PvP component where you get to send sneaky Ragoons to other player's plot and steal their Leaderboard Points.
To unlock this feature, you will first need to build the Ragoon Spring building. You can unlock this building by leveling your Altar of Atia to 2.
Sending Ragoon Spies
To send Ragoon spies to other player's land plots, enter the Ragoon Spring, you will then be able to see your available Ragoons, enter the target's land plot address on the designated field, then select the Ragoon you would like to send. You will be presented with options for the disguise.
You have to select the Class, Quality, and Level of the disguise. Selecting a higher Quality or Level will use up more resources. However, please note that the fighting level of the Ragoon will be based on the original stats, and not the disguised stats.
If the Ragoon succeeds in infiltrating and the target player sends it to Adventure, you will be able to see the Leaderboard Points you gained on the Record tab:
If the Ragoon fails in its infiltration and was expelled by the target player, you will see this on the Record tab:
If you are the target player and you have sent a Ragoon spy into Adventure, you will see the Spy tag on the Ragoon in your Passive Adventure logs.
When you have more than one land plot, you will be able to transfer your resources between your plots. To do this, you will need to enable "transfer resources" from other plots to this plot in the Post Portal for each land plot before you are able to transfer the resources.
Alternatively, you can also enable it through the Resource Transferring menu by going into "Plot Settings" and enabling its visibility.
Each time you transfer items from another plot or receive items purchased through the Auction House, you will need to claim them in the Postal Portal.
If you own or have been delegated multiple land plots, you will be able to use the Plot Management tool to quickly switch between your land plots. You may also use this to check the steward, land delegation contract's expiry, and progression of your delegated plots.
You may open the Plot Management tool by pressing Shift + P on your keyboard, or by clicking the Plot Management button.
- Players will be able to transfer any item between plots if they own multiple land plots.
- When players attempt to transfer more than one (1) slot of package, the second slot of package will be put queued until the first item is sent to the other plot and the amount of items the player has in the storage will not be reduced until it is being sent away/out of the queue.
- When players have closer land plots, the time it takes for the resource to transfer will be shorter as well!
Moonfall and Normal mAXS Rewards
Starting in the pre-beta phase, instead of a seasonal leaderboard system, all players gets a chance to get mAXS rewards from completing normal gameplay actions in the form of normal earnings and Moonfalls. This means that every player has a chance to get some mAXS rewards from playing Homeland!
You have a chance to get mAXS rewards every time you do the following actions in Homeland:
- Gathering/mining for materials.
- Producing/crafting items.
- Passive Adventure
In addition to the regular gameplay mAXS rewards, you also have a chance to get a Moonfall from completing special/rare achievements, such as crafting a Mythical item. Moonfalls grant a larger mAXS reward, but are harder to obtain.
NOTE: There is a daily cap of 1 Moonfall per player/delegate. Once you get a Moonfall, you will not have a chance to get another until the next day.
All mAXS rewards you obtained will be put into your Lockbox, and will then be verified by the Sky Mavis team during the weekly maintenance [currently scheduled on Wednesdays]. The verified mAXS will then be minted to AXS, which players will be able to claim on App.Axie.
You will be able to see all your mAXS that has been verified and minted in the In-game Withdrawal Log.